First we need to cover what is SEO. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and it’s the process of maximizing the number of visitors to a particular website by ensuring that the site appears high on the list of results returned by a search engine. (referred to as SERP)
Ok so what is a search engine? That is when you go onto Google, Yahoo, Bing and type in anything. You then get back information that was searched for throughout the world wide web.
That then begs the question, how do you ensure your site appears high on the list of results? There are many ways to get your site ranked high, creditable information, relevant blogs, links to authoritative websites, links from other sites to yours, having keywords that relate to the content and several other things that can get your head spinning.
There are two ways you can go about doing this. You can do it yourself through trial and error or you can hire a third party company like, oh let me pick one, UNS Marketing Solutions.
SEO is an inexpensive way to get more people to become clients and I can prove it through facts. Below are 10 facts that just might change help your think and help you decide to get started.
- There are 2 billion people online.
- 93% of those 2 billion start with an online search.
- 75% of users never scroll past the first page
- It costs you 61% less to get an inbound lead then an outbound lead. (SEO vs sending social media, letters, etc.)
- SEO leads have a 14.6% close rate compared to an outbound lead which is 1.7%
- Search engines drive 300% more traffic to websites than social media
- 60% of clicks go to the top three websites in search engines.
- 85% of website visitors read online reviews before contact.
- 70-80% of users ignore paid ads
- The top 2 online activities are search and email
Marketing today is about adapting to what will benefit your business. Things are changing rapidly and most successful practices are utilizing these new techniques and technology to their full advantage. Mastering this SEO or having a third party gives you that edge on moving towards your ideal thriving business.
If you’re thinking about doing it yourself, here are some tips starting with what Google does, https://yoast.com/what-does-google-do/.
If you want some help then UNS Marketing Solutions is here to assist and guide those who have worked with or trained at Ulan Nutritional Systems. We have many do-it-for-you programs and we want to help you get more clients with SEO.